Haunted advice. The Shelby County Health Department released Halloween guidance to warn against the dangers of giving treats to children wearing masks.
Back to school. The Health Department also released health directive 14 in part “to clarify ongoing questions about whether schools may reopen.” Spoiler alert: they can.
Prominent cases. A member of Bill Lee’s security detail tested positive, causing the Tennessee Governor to quarantine.
Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie surfaced after a hospital stay to say he regrets not wearing a mask on the White House grounds.
Three staffers connected to the Biden campaign tested positive, causing Kamala Harris to suspend travel. The three employees were part of campaign flights and contracted the virus even though “everyone on the Biden campaign plane is required to wear a mask.”
Federal warning. White House officials reportedly told state leaders that “a statewide mask mandate must be implemented.”
In the news:
- Pfizer said it would apply for emergency use approval for a vaccine in late November.
- People with blood type O may have lower risk of Covid-19 infection and severe illness.
- A CDC study showed 70% of symptomatic adults “always” wore a mask in the 14 days prior to illness onset.
- Europe has overtaken the U.S. in new cases following lockdowns.
- A Japanese study shows humidity limits aerosol spread of coronavirus.
- A Nevada man became the first to be infected twice.
This week: Below, we check in on the local numbers.
Source: Shelby County Health Department